Learn to do Technical Analysis in a 6 session, 2 day course on November 26-27

Loading Events

« All Events

  • This event has passed.

KTRA – Society for Neuro-Oncology Meeting

November 18 @ 8:00 am - 5:00 pm

This is a chance for small cap companies to present in front of industry insiders, investors, potential new customers and medical professionals.  The event is one of many each year, so the Runup Traders might not have as much of a rumor-period then many other catalysts we cover.  However, if a Runup Traders (who buys the rumor period) looked at the Event hypothesis, they might combine the two strategies.

The Event Traders have something to look at here.  While the event itself is lesser publicized, the opportunity for a company that normally doesn’t have such a wide audience to highlight information they think the market is overlooking is certainly something.  If they present on data that is already public but maybe its convoluted or hasn’t been translated from Medical-Oncology jargon to normal-people language, the market could easily have a bullish reaction.

Simultaneously, the AfterGlow Traders might have something to monitor here.  A lot of times, companies appearing in big events like this are, in some small way, trying to persuade funds and banks to invest in them.  If they have a convincing presentation and a Hedge Fund manager takes the presentation back to his board, their decision to invest in the company could have effects on the stock price that linger on after the event.

In a previous Catalyst, KTRA presented at the MicroCap Rodeo in October 2022.  The Runup Traders captured approximately 10-15%, there was no change on the day of the event, and then the AfterGlow Traders had a chance to catch an 85% spike within a week of the event.

Details

Date:
November 18
Time:
8:00 am - 5:00 pm